WALKING THE WALK
Sustainability and care for others and our planet is a priority for us at Cherry Bombe, and we know that's true of all of you, too. We've put several initiatives in place for Jubilee that support those ideas, but we would love if you would consider doing a few things:
- Bring your own water bottle. If you forget yours, we’ll have glass water bottles for sale from bkr. You can fill up at the FloWater filling stations on the premises.
- Bring your own reusable utensils, reusable cup, and/or reusable napkin.
- Bring your old denim. Madewell will be collecting your jeans at Jubilee and transforming them into new housing insulation for communities in need, via its partner Blue Jeans Go Green.
- We’re working with a waste diversion company to make sure all the day’s garbage is properly sorted and recycled (but we appreciate your efforts to sort before you toss).
- All cups, plates, utensils, and other wares at Jubilee will be recyclable or compostable.
- We’re working with local farms as well as Imperfect Produce to source the fruit that will be served at Jubilee.
- Food Runners, the San Francisco food organization founded by Mary Risley, will be picking up excess food and distributing it to local shelters and food programs throughout the event.
- We will have a comfortable and quiet lactation lounge for nursing or pumping mothers.
- The day’s flowers arrangements will be created from foraged materials by Louesa Roebuck and Sarah Lonsdale of Foraged Flora.